Friday, March 7, 2008

nette Leute!

I don't really have much to say, but I do have some photos. I bought a new phone today! It was €60, but I call free anywhere in Germany for the first three months. What else? Class is fine, a little boring, but fine. I've met tons of really nice people. Germans are overall extremely nice, helpful and friendly. Right now I'm in this really fancy cafe using their Internet, because I still have none in my room. But any way, the fun part: Fotos!
PS - Anna have a blast in Japan!


sculpture in Sonnenbühl Ost


on the way to the city center (Stadtzentrum), just down the street from our dorms


that's right, Sauerkraut Juice!


another sculpture outside of the university (Spools?)


Lake Constance! This is the view from the main cafeteria (Mensa) in the University. My life is good.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely view of the lake!
They do go for the primary colors in their sculpture though, don't they?

Paul Halverson said...

I am so jealous! Wish I could be doing that... Wish I had done that when I was your age.... at least we will be coming to see a bit of it in June - can't wait!
ps.Anna got her camera and it is really nice.

Karl said...

Sauerkraut Juice!!? Mmmmmmm.

The town and surroundings look great- thanks for posting the pics! And Annaliese is heading for Tokyo. Wow. You two will have many memories to share. Pretty incredible!

Spools or thumb tacks?

Hope you get out on the Lake at some point. Warmer days ahead!
Love, Karl

lindsay.claire33 said...

Yes...I'm jealous. And I miss you like an old lion misses the "good ole days when you could see zebra entrails get ripped out on TV." I guess that means a lot. Anyway, hope you're having an amazing time...Sorry I didn't call to see you off or something. Bryan was over and I was...er, distracted. See you soon(ish). With Love, Linds.
P.S. Your university looks like Willy Wonka had a hand in building it. Can you eat the flowers?

Cody said...

Great pics! The spool one is cool, I think Nate should try for something like that! Have you tried the sauerkraut juice?

Catherine said...

Your life is good. What a wonderful way to end your post. The view from the Mensa is gorgeous. It looks to be sunny there and at least somewhat warmer than here (was one degree when I went to work today, and is supposed to be minus five tonight).
The phone sounds like a good deal, not bad for three full months service in Germany.
Sounds like you are surrounded by great places to check out and good people.
And then there's the sauerkraut juice. Do they serve that with fried lard with lard?
More culinary adventures!

carmen said...

Love it! The pictures are amazing colin!

you aren't missing a ton here but German is probably better than usual. i miss having class with you though.....uh, we read about "indians" everyday.

have a fantastic weekend!

carmen