Monday, June 2, 2008

Überraschung! (My sister graduated.)

"Why hasn't there been a blog post in the last week?!" I'll tell you why: I surprised my sister by flying home to good ol' Byron, Minnesota, (very very briefly) for her graduation!


My parents and I plotted surreptitiously for months. The effect was awesome.


graduation ceremony


my sister and I


the whole family
My lovely grandma Mary was at our house while I was home, but she's not in this photo.


My sister's graduation party was a blast. I saw loads of friends (including Cody, in this picture, who's coming to visit me at the end of July).


Ain't she purty?


And this is Cody's mom. She's a gangsta ;)

Even tho it was really brief, it was a blast, so thanks again everyone who came over, went out, etc. I'll see some of you sooner than others, but I'll be back in August to see the rest!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

First!
I'm glad to see some grad photos! I hope you take a bunch while your whole family vistis you as well!
Now - back to your studies!(?)

Pat M said...

Teri stopped over this eve and said "Colin is back in Germany" and WOW, I could hardly believe that. Boy, do you move around. I did know you were intending to be at Annal graduation,
and am so happy you could all be together at such an awesome event!
Many thanks, Colin, for the neat pics and I still think, WOW, how could he be back at school so soon! Well, now comes the study, study part I guess.
Most of June, all of July left. What memories you'll have all your life of these past months...wonderful. Love, Gr Pat

Catherine said...

Good morning Colin (evening there). Love those grad party photos! It was wonderful having you home (even if it was brief). We already miss you.
Hope your flights back went smoothly. I bet you are tired.
See you in 8 days, can't wait!
Love you!

Catherine said...

My surprise brother is already back in Germany! UFDA!

:-)

Thank you so much for coming! I was so glad to have you there!

That picture of me is disgusting!! ick (the one that has the caption that reads isn't she purty?)

Anyways have a wonderful day!

And see you soon

I love you

-Annaliese

Paul Halverson said...

It sure was great seeing you! Thanks again for all the help getting ready for the grad party! Hope your trip back was good. See you next week!
Love,
Dad

Karl said...

Wow Colin- you do get around!

Great you could swing by MN! Quite treat for Annaliese- (and Cath & Paul)!